Thursday, May 13, 2010

Escape to the Country...

Hello followers / fellow bloggers apologies for my lack of posts this week. Ive been hiding out in my favourite spot in the depths of Connemara. No TV, no Internet connection and shock horror no phone signal!

I guess you could say I have been to rehab, iphone addiction rehab. Yes my best pal has been switched off and firmly placed in the glove compartment of my car for the last week.

To me nothing beats the peace and quiet of a country retreat. The fresh air, the smell of the turf fire, BBQ sizzling outside the back door, which following the cooking of dinner subsequently becomes that of a camp fire.

There's nothing more romantic than the charm of country cottage decor. It's nostalgic, nautical, rustic and cosy all rolled into one stunning patchwork quilt.

So pull up your seats, benches and picnic chairs, grab your glasses of wine and join me for some rehab...






3 comments:

  1. You're right, there is nothing quite like a country retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there are some gorgeous ideas in these pics! I'd love to head off to a country cottage for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete